Friday, October 9, 2009

The Greatest Experience in The World(U2 360), Stressful Week, and Sleepy Confusion


Hola, ustedes!
It's been a very long, frustrating, and stressful week and I couldn't be more glad it's Friday. I'm currently listening to "Friday I'm In Love" by The Cure; it's my Friday theme song and is 100% sure to lift my spirits. Along with that, my November issue of Glamour just arrived a couple hours ago. Just finished looking through it. That magazine is a self-esteem booster and I always learn something knew and useful! One of the few magazines I actually read(I'm more of a picture person!)

So last Saturday was the greatest night of my life. After waiting in traffic for about half an hour before giving up and walking for a mile, I was at the U2 and Muse concert! Unfortunately, I missed all but 2 songs of Muse's set(I got to hear "Supermassive Blackhole", but not see it, but I did get to see "Starlight"-my favorite of all their songs-and "Undisclosed Desires", a new song that's pretty good!) After waiting for about 45 minutes after Muse's set was over, U2 took the stage, brining the energy to an insane high. And guess where I was sitting? 3rd row. And I know what you're thinking,Oh my god, that's crazy!, but there was a big gap between the seats and the stage(it was in a football stadium) for general admission. However, I was still close enough to be...well, close. I can't describe in words what this concert was like. Astonishing, incredible, unbelieveable, and in the words of Bono, magnificent. I've never felt so inspired! I'm now more obsessed with them then I've ever been. I'm ordering two posters, I bought the tote bag at the concert, my background on my iPod is an ancient picture of them, and they're basically all I listen to. It's so cool how after seeing a song performed live, once I listen to it on my iPod, I listen to it from this whole new perspective.
Nothing in the world is more wonderful than Bono and his passion.

This week has been very stressful. I'm not sure what happened this year, but I've suddenly completely thrown my entire self into my schoolwork-all work and no play has made Alanna a dull girl. However, I have the best grades I've ever had. Trying to balance out your life is complicated. I don't want to miss out on the wonders and joys of being young, but I also don't want to screw up my entire life by not doing my best right now. See my dilema?

Yesterday was an interesting story. My alarm goes off at 5:30 A.M. I rolled over in bed in the morning and looked at the clock, still, for the most part, asleep. It read 5:45 A.M. Oh shit, I thought, I must have slept through my alarm. That's not good... I had enough time to get ready because I wake up earlier than I need to so I can try to wake myself up before school. Anyway, I got on my makeup, my layered outfit, washed my face, and the whole she-bang. I had, what I assumed, was about 15 minutes left. I check the clock. It read 3:00 A.M. I did a double take. WHAT?! I checked the other clocks in the house-it was, in fact, 3:00 A.M. In my sleep daze, I had mistaken the "2" on my clock for a "5". Grr. So I changed back into my pajamas, took off the load of jewelry off, and climbed back into bed for the next 2 and a half hours.
What a crappy way to start the day.

Hopefully your week has been better than mine! I also hope your weekend is pleasent and relaxing-or busy, in a good way, of course.

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Shela said...

OH MY GOOOODD. You saw Muse?? I'm dying of jealousy right now. Like really, my eyes are bleeding. But wow, that's awesome.

Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Hysteria, and Time is Running Out are some of my faves! Their Feeling Good cover kicks ass too. Too bad the closest they'll play at is still in LA and no one would drive me up there. Bah!

I've had one of those mornings too. But when I woke up at 4 in the morning, I couldn't go to sleep after that so I just put everything on-- my makeup, my clothes, everything except my shoes and then I walked out to make pancakes.

:) Good times.

Alanna said...

Who's eyes DON'T bleed when they're jealous? Lol

Wish I had gotten to see more of them. At least a got to hear a lot of it(I could hear it from like, half a mile away)

That sucks that you couldn't get back to sleep! It felt AWESOME to curl back into my warm bed sheets. :D