Sunday, February 15, 2009

Short Stories, Valentine's Day, and Friends


It's been quite a long time since I've made a decent, long post. Sorry 'bout that. I've been too occupied with the butt loads of work my new teachers are giving me.

Not much is happening right now, as always. I'm going get my haircut in about half an hour and then I'm planning on dying it tonight. Not sure what color yet...I'm thinking red-ish, but I might change my mind completely when I get to Target.

I have to write a short story for English, which really sucks because I can't write a short story. I always have too many ideas in my mind and it goes on forever! Anyways, I've got an idea, I wrote out most of it, I'm just trying to figure out a good place to end it. I like the idea, so I might make it into a full-fledged story. I'll give you more details once I get it figured out in my crazy mind.

I'm still working on The Host. I haven't read much lately because I've been lazy, but I read a bit last night and the night before. I'm still not even half-way finished with it yet-I hate long books.

We're busy reading Anthem by Ayn Rand in English. It's a pretty cool book so far. It's really short, only about 100 pages. It's about a world where everyone is equal. The main character falls in love with a girl, which is absolutely not allowed. I like it so far.

I hate Valentine's Day-aka Single's Awareness Day. I spend the whole year working up self-esteem and Feb. 14 always destroys it completely. My school sold roses and daisies and gave them out to people who got them on Friday. It was very depressing. I should've got some for my friends, but the thought didn't occur to me until you couldn't buy them anymore.

Being apart from old friends really sucks. It's sad when you don't get to see them or even talk to them that much anymore. Luckily, I've made new friends that I'm super-close with so it's not quite so sad anymore. I feel bad for SunnyD cuz she's all alone over yonder(or at least, she claims she's alone-*whisper*she really isn't)
I guess you just have to move on if things aren't working out. :(

On a happier note, it's almost time for me to get my hair cut. I'm hoping it'll look somewhat like the pic at the top of this post.
Haircuts make me nervous.

4 comments:

So Catholic said...

Made a new blog, go see if you can comment, I am not changing any of the code this time >_<

http://ofanimeandnerdiness.blogspot.com/

Gonna use it to talk about anime I like and games I play and weird stuff that goes on at school ^_^

James

Danielle said...

You're right, I'm not alone, there are just certain people that I really miss, which makes me FEEL lonely.

Shela said...

Oh hey, what color did you finally choose? Haircuts make me nervous too-- it takes me forever to grow it out so I sulk for weeks about it.

Happy belated Valentine's day, Alanna! Love you and your blog!

By the way, how's Synfan doing? I haven't heard from her since early last month.

Alanna said...

I chose this natural red color, but it ended up doing nothing to my hair besides seriously enhancing the previous color. I like it though. The lady that cut my hair did an amazing job. I love what she did with it.

I think she's ok. I don't really hear from her much. It's like she's fAllen off the face of the earth.