Sunday, April 12, 2009

So Much To Blog About...



Hope everyone's having a great Easter!
Spring Break is exactly what I needed. Even though it was cut two days short due to make-up for snow days, it still seemed pretty long.
On Wednesday, I went to a botanical garden(sounds nerdy) with my mom, siblings, and grandparents. I got a whole bunch of good flower pictures.
On Thursday, my brother and my grandparents and I went to the zoo. I saw the cutest animal ever-one that I'd never seen or even heard of-called a cacomistle. Here's a pic of the adorable little animal:
http://www.nywec.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/2008_0825002-300x225.jpg
Another animal I saw that's similar to a cacomistle was the coati. SOOOO CUTE! Here's a pic of one:
http://library.thinkquest.org/J0111181/coati.gif
Anyway, I had tons of fun at the zoo(you're never too old for animals!)

Friday was awesome. SunnyD, Sarah, Nikki, and I all went out to the mall. I just made $50 the day before and I planned to spend a little bit of it, but by the end of the day, I'd spent all but $2. It was soooo worth it though.

I got a pair of earrings from Light Years(they were only $11!!! That's crazy cheap!!!), a pair of aviator sunglasses from Icing along with a cute peace sign ring. Pics at the top of the post-I'm having issues moving them down here :( Oh, and I forgot to take a pic of the peace sign ring...oh well, I'll post one later!
After that, we got big hot pretzels-I got a buttered one with cheddar cheese dip. Yum :P
Sarah and Nikki wanted to go to Hot Topic and SunnyD and I usually feel weird and out of place there, so we split up, Sarah and Nikki to Hot Topic, me and Sunny to some sort of Bath&Body place(don't remember what it's called). We looked like homos. Lol, Sunny picked up a couple sampler bottles and said,"TRY ME!". Then we found these heavenly massager things, so we spent a couple minutes rubbing them up and down each other's backs(yeah, we definitely looked gay, but who cares?) And then Sunny had some SERIOUS issues pronoucning 'Brazil'. Lol, good times, good times. We had a bit of time left(or so we thought) before Nikki and Sarah would be done in Hot Topic, so Sunny and I wandered over to Hallmark and read passionate and inspirational cards to each other in strange accents. It's times like those that will remain in my mind forever.
Not much happened yesterday. I went to the farmer's market with my family and ended up freezing because I was wearing a t-shirt and short shorts in 60 degree weather(I know, my bad) Of course, I thought about bringing my sweatshirt, but I thought,"Nah. I won't need it." Stupid.
Today, I went to church, Bojangles, and then my grandparents came over and I ate WAY too much food. It was like Thanksgiving. I've slacked off majorly on eating healthy over the break. I've promised myself that I will eat healthy when school starts back up on tuesday. Ugh. Tuesday. The word makes me cringe.

What I'm Listening To Right Now: "Wordplay" by Jason Mraz(aka Mr.A-Z-I LOVE that-that boy's freakin amazing)
What I'm Reading: The Host by Stephenie Meyer(still-but it's gotten better-or at least given me more hope for a happy ending...however, I am at a kind of graphic part I wish I could un-read)
What I Watched Last: I watched a new episode of The Office that we had recorded from a couple nights ago last night. Hoping to watch Parks and Recreation, Amy Poehler's new show soon. My grandparents said it was disappointing, though. Hoping their wrong!
Latest Obsession: Finding ways to customize my dolls. What a nerd.

Well, that's it,hope everything's going well for everybody!
Happy Easter

<3 Alanna

9 comments:

So Catholic said...

Cute animals :O

What zoo was it? I think I know where one zoo is but I am not sure if we have more anywhere in the state even?

Danielle said...

Lol, we probably did look pretty homo in the bath and body place. . . . .

Those wooden massager things were absolutely divine, though *Dreamy Sigh*

Alanna said...

It was so worth looking like a homo

Nikki said...

Baha.
Hot Topic is not as scary as I thought it would be. The first thing I saw once I got in there was a Little Mermaid t-shirt. And they have AWESOME clothes there.
I should bring you two next time... xD

Alanna said...

I've been in there before. The only place that makes me feel more like a fish out of water is church :P
But seriously, I saw scary checkered pants in yellow and black and that just disturbed me to no end. And then i saw a scary chick wearing a similar pair. And people with earrings in places earrings shouldn't be.

Danielle said...

Lol, nice description, Azzie : P

Me no likes Hot Topic either, sorry

Alanna said...

Lol, thank you :D

You can't say I didn't try it, Nikki

So Catholic said...

I see people with earrings where they shouldn't be at the card shop ^_^

Someone has an eyebrow piercing, it is both awesome and mildly gross at the same time.

Shela said...

Hey hey hey. Nerds are totally awesome ;)

I'm always obsessing over some Korean song, new makeup product, or new book I've read and I have no shame for it so you shouldnt either :)

And yes there really are freaky people in Hot Topics but I'm a "just-go-with-what-you-feel" type of person so it doesn't bother me when someone's got a billion piercings. As long as they don't try to pierce ME, I'm fine.