Saturday, July 12, 2008

Genres


As some of you may know, I have very strong opinions about genres of music. So I'm going to write up a bit about each of my favorite and least favorite genres. This doesn't mean I love or hate all of the genre, just the most of it.

Love:
Classic Rock-Real rock is becoming extinct! We must listen to the classics and hope we can save rock before it dies out.

Alternative Rock-You can't beat it! It gives you a taste of rock and pop.

Pop-I'm not talking boy band stuff(although I do love the Backstreet Boys). I'm talking Natasha Bedingfield, 80's pop,Jason Mraz, etc.

World-I love foreign music!

Reggae-So awesome! Makes me so happy...

Hate:

Rap-NOT MUSIC! Just some guys with million-dollar chains around their necks talking about drugs.

Country-I hate all of it but Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, and Nickel Creek(though i still don't think they are country in any way, shape, or form-they should have their own genre)I can't stand Taylor Swift, if I haven't said that already.

Metal-hate all but Avenged Sevenfold. But those guys have so many different genres incorportated into their music. And they're talented, unlike most of the metal out there. Lots(correction-90%) of it is just guys yelling or screaming about something like dying, bleeding, pain, and misery.

Goth-How can anyone like it?


Ok. That's it, I think. I'll post more if I can think of any more.
Sorry if I offended you.
Don't get too crazy in the comments.

P.S.The picture above basically explains itself, but I just wanted to say that I did not make this up.Oh, and click on it so you'll be able to read it.

9 comments:

Jeb said...

Listen, Heavy Metal rules and you should love it. The rest I agree on except for you're goth music opinion. I'm starting to like Alternative, Rock and Pop.

Alanna said...

But Heavy Metal's not really music. It's not something you can play acoustically. You can't sing it(for the most part). I just can't stand it. Sorry.

xx_SynfanA7X_xx said...

Love:

heavy metal-its not like all the other crap out there. most heavy metal songs hv a meaning. some love songs out there r just so cheesy and so stupid! but heavy metal songs r just plain cool!

gothic metal-oh come on! who doesnt like Lacuna Coil!?????

symphonic metal-its so well composed and so cool! and Nightwish is awesome!

hard rock-i like the more hardcore version of rock. and Alanna, we r NOT doing alternative rock. u chose tht we're not metal. we could be hard rock or post grunge or something

anti folk-yes, i cant belive i like it too. but the only anti folk ive heard is Regina Spektor, who is awesome. so im a Regina Spektor fan.

Hate:

Rap-its just crap and everything else Alanna said

hiphop-so freaking loserish!

pop rock-its just a bunch of losers who dont know anything

country-dont get me started on THAT. i would rather puke my guts out than listen to Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts or any of those others

pop-the only pop i like is Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield, No One by Alicia Keys, and Burnin' Up by the Jonas Brothers. and i HATE the Jonas Brothers.

im amazed im friends w/ Alanna. most of the things she hates i like and most of the stuff i like, she hates. weird

xx_SynfanA7X_xx said...

but The Beatles r very good.

Alanna said...

Ur making me sick to my stomach.

The Beatles are freaking awesome. Or, were freaking awesome.

Yeah, I don't think the whole band thing is going to work out since we have such different music tastes.

Jeb said...

Love - Heavy Metal - every genre of it. it's not like the other crap out there that has no meaning at all or no emotion. Heavy Metal is the best!
Hard Rock/Pop Rock/Classic Rock - Who can't resist it?
Alternative - I'm actually starting to like it.
Gothic - Lacuna Coil and Type O Negative. Nuff' said.
Hate - Rap - what Alanna and Synfan said
Hip-Hop - Damn't Soulja Boy!
Country - meaningless.
Pop - ......

Jeb said...

I meant to say : " Who can resist it? "

xx_SynfanA7X_xx said...

so LoveMobile, do u mind if we're hard rock?

Alanna said...

I don't mind all hip-hop. I love love love Justin Timberlake. And Timbaland. Lots of r&b's good. like Alicia Keys.

I dont' think we should have a genre. We should just write songs we both like and go from there. Who needs to fit into a genre anyway?