Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My First Somewhat-Decent Song

It seems my inspiration for writing a song came from having no inspiration to write a song-who would've guessed it?
This is a song for everyone I love(though I had mostly my best friends in mind when I wrote it.

"I Want To Write A Song"

I want to write a song for you
but i don't know what to say
i want something that will speak the truth
in a sentimental way
'cause absolutely nothing's worse
than not saying how you feel
and worry 'bout all the things that are not real

I want to write a song for you
to show how much I care
that no matter what i do
you will always be there
and no one can tear us apart
oh, I'd like to see them try
because you'll remain in my heart
and dry the tears that I cry

I dont' need a top ten hit
I just want to speak my mind
so I guess I'll just get on with it
and give it a try
these are the final words
but I'm not saying goodbye
as I sit here and watch the birds
watch how they fly

and I might fly away some day
to somewhere far away
and then I'll write a song for you
because I know what to say

0 comments: