Saturday, June 27, 2009


I watched Along Came Polly for the first time yesterday and I'm going to give my honest review. Hopefully it's helpful!
Here's a brief synopsis:
When Ruben Feffer(Ben Stiller) finds his new wife cheating on him with a French scuba instructor on their honeymoon, he starts looking around for the perfect woman. He comes across Polly Prince(Jennifer Aniston), a girl he used to know in middle school.
Ruben is a very catious, non-adventurous man-the exact opposite of Polly. This makes for some very interesting, funny, and terrible situations.

Pros:

  • Ben Stiller!!! He's awesome.
  • Some moments were super hilarious(Ben Stiller dancing like a moron, his IBS-Irritable Bowel Syndrome, etc.)
  • Jennifer Aniston is really good in this movie.
  • Ruben's strange(to say the least) best friend, Sandy, a self-absorbed one-hit-wonder-type of actor.
  • The hilarious scuba instructor, Claude :)
  • The gay guy that called him Ruby Tuesdays
Cons:
  • It was a bit cliche chick flick in some parts(ex. When Ruben has to run across NY to stop Polly from leaving-honestly, it doesn't get much more cliche than that)
  • Debra Messing was really annoying. She kept calling him "Ruby". Ick.
  • That's about it.
Although this wasn't the greatest movie I've ever seen, it was still charming and funny. I'd suggest watching it and I'd probably give it 3.5 stars out of 5.
Hope this was helpful!
Here's the trailer:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JlBhmprNjk

1 comments:

Bella_182 said...

I've seen that movie soo many times...It's okay.funny my parents have it on D.V.D