Sunday, July 12, 2009

NEWSIES!!!!


This movie was fantastic.

It stars Christian Bale as a one of the "Newsies"(boys who sell newspapers) in New York, 1930's-ish.
Christian Bale was 18 when this was made, I think. And he was fucking gorgeous. His character was also incredibly sexy-a young man with no family, no roof over his head, nothing going for him but his looks and personality, who's forced to be completely independent. Seriously, tell me one thing that could possibly be sexier. Really, I dare you.

The songs were catchy, the acting was pretty good, and the storyline was decent.
I will warn you that this movie is extremely hard to find unless you have Netflix. My lovely bestie, SunnyD looked everywhere for it before she found it at Best Buy. It's only $7 there. I'm probably going to buy it because I enjoyed it so much!

Anyway, this movie is a must see! It's directed by Kenny Ortega(director of High School Musical) but he did a much better job. I'm not sure why this wasn't very popular because I think it's great!

4 comments:

Bella_182 said...

wow I'd love to see that.
Maybe I'll check it out one day when I get a chance.sounds pretty cool

Love the background btw.better then what I could find

Alanna said...

You have to!!

Thanks! I love it too. Unfortunately, I can't see the whole thing on my computer-the sides are cut off a bit. But I saw it on another computer and was like,"Woah, this is cooler than I thought!"
Stop dumping on yourself all the time!!!

Danielle said...

Yay for Newsies ^_^ I'm so glad that you guys liked it, that definitely makes the search worthwhile.

Bella_182 said...

I am not dumping on myself
I am just simply saying yours is better then mine.Not dumping on myself*Sticks her tongue out at you* lol