Thursday, July 2, 2009

Review: He's Just Not That Into You

Ok, the best word I can think of to describe this movie actually isn't a word-it's a sound.
Eh.
This movie was ok. I didn't really like it, but I didn't dislike it. I liked certain elements of it.

Again, I'm stealing a summary because I suck at writing my own:
The plot chronicles the romantic misadventures of nine individuals in their twenties and thirties. Set in Baltimore, the common thread of the story is that one person in each relationship is more enamored of the other person than vice versa. At the core of these multiple stories is Gigi (Ginnifer Goodwin), a young woman who repeatedly misinterprets the signs that men give her about their level of interest in her.

Here's what I liked:

  • The fact that all the people seemed to form a web of interconnecting relationships.
  • Justin Long was cute and his character was too
  • I really can't think of anything else. You'd think I'd hate this movie, but I don't.
Here's what I didn't like:
  • Scarlett Johanssen's boobs-I mean c'mon, they were WAY too big. No offense to her. They just kind of annoyed me.
  • The fact that the girls were SO obsessed with guys calling them. Get.a.life.
  • Bradley Cooper's character was a total dickhead.
  • The whole movie kind of tired you out. It seemed like the same thing was happening over and over again so you felt as exhausted as the characters did.
  • It left me feeling kind of empty until the concluding clips in the credits.
Overall, I would not recommend it. But lots of people liked it. It's one of those thing that you either love or hate.
Hopefully this was helpful.

0 comments: