Monday, December 1, 2008

6 Ways To Spruce Up A Room


I've been inspired by Domino magazine, this home decor magazine I found on the coffee table of our beach house, and I wanted to share some of my quick, easy decorating ideas to spruce up a room in little time.

1. Letters-I like painting wooden letters and hanging them on the wall. You can buy letters at most craft stores-Michael's is my favorite. I have a collection of many A's on my bedroom wall(pics here). I can custom paint letters for anyone that wants one. Leave requests in the comments and I'll get back to you on it.

2.Mirrors-Adding mirrors to a room makes it appear larger. Of course, it's also good for checking out your reflection! ; )

3.Flowers-Flowers and plants add a splash of color and a sense of spring into a room. Put it in a nice vase and it can instantly brighten a room.

4.Posters-I have lots of posters in my room. They show off your personality and give visual interest.

5.Collages-I have two collages in my bedroom(pics here) I made both of them out of magazine clippings and large pieces of cardboard. It's simple and easy to make, but slightly time-consuming. Fun, though.

6. Lights-I love having lots of light in a room. I hate the dark-I'm not scared of it, but I don't like it. There are some ADORABLE lighting fixtures at Urban Outfitters(see them here)

Hope this helps anyone itching for some redecorating!

0 comments: