Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Surrealness, Love and Theft, and Surfing

It's terrifying how reality can hit you like a ton of bricks going 80 mph. It's interesting how one...incident can cause your eyes to open to the world that surrounds you. You realize how things that you thought could never happen you to you or anyone you know are in fact real, that those stories on the news could happen in your very own town. The fact that I've been so close to people involved in things, been so close crazy, insane people with no limits, is an eye-opener. I wish I could tell everyone what's happened, but you'll just have to trust me that it's scary and sad, because I've sworn not to talk about it. I've just felt the extreme need to write this and to tell everyone that the world is in fact not a good place. Unfortunately, we can't fathom the reality of it until it's too close.
Synfan's taking a break from the blog scene due to personal reasons, and I'd love it if you all respect that and give her your best. I'll be taking over the Twilight blog for a while, but don't worry, Synfan'll be back when the time is right.

On a happier note, I found out about an awesome band last night, called Love and Theft. As some of you know, I can't stand Taylor Swift's music(absolutely no talent), but I was reading an article about a song of her's called "Hey Stephen". Apparently, the song was inspired by the lead singer of Love and Theft, Stephen Barker Liles. I decided to look up Love and Theft and found that they are actually really good. Check out this acoustic performance:


Last on the list is this amazing surfing video I found of a guy riding a tsunami. This is AMAZING!!! Really blew my mind. Wish I had the balance to surf.

2 comments:

Koneko said...

Hope you feel better soon, Synfan.

I know what you mean, Alanna. I've heard about stuff that's happened to my own family that shouldn't happen to anyone. It's a terrible feeling and a horrible knowledge. You see people in a whole differnt way, pity, horror at knowing such painful stuff about them...

Whatever it is, I hope it gets better for those who've been hurt.

Anonymous said...

it's such a tragedy...thinking about what has been stolen from us and what is being tortured in our hearts...feeling as though the world is now against us, and very few are still here...but that very few make it better...they make the world seem less ugly than it truly is...to be able to feel what the individual(s) who has lost everything is incomprehensible..and yet, to feel what the individual(s) who is being tormented by their very surroundings because of 'temporarily' losing someone is tragic...to be holding the knowledge of something that hurts you deep inside is tragic...to feel the guilt of losing someone is tragic...to feel the pain of the individual(s) who have lost everything is tragic