Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Host, Tyrone Wells, my reincarnated love for David Archuleta, and weird dreams



Hello!

So it's another wonderful long weekend for me-I'm off tomorrow-so I thought I'd make a post.
Not much is happening, but I thought I'd talk a little bit about the minor things that are going on.

I bought The Host the other day(yes, it's extremely expensive-$25-but worth it!) and it's amazing! I'm only on the 6th chapter-I am a slow reader(my brain likes to linger on every detail), but I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorite books(possibly better than Twilight?) For those of you who didn't know, The Host is written by Stephenie Meyer, author of the Twilight series. Because of her, poor J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter have been cast in the shadows. Anyone out there like me that still loves Harry Potter? I feel so alone...
Anyway, it's a great book. It's got everything-action, romance, sci-fi-and much more.

So has anyone heard "Home" by Marc Broussard? Great song. Here's the link(embedding's disabled):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV_eeDKzqlM
I made a Pandora station based on that song and I've come across some great stuff, including Tyrone Wells. The song that really caught my attention was "Sugar So Sweet". It's kind of a bluesy-rock feel. I looked him up on itunes and found another song that's really good(but very different from "Sugar So Sweet") called "More". Check it out here:


I've been having so many weird dreams lately. The topics range from Nikki and Lunch Chris getting married, to a cute dress, to David Archuleta. He popped up behind me in one of my dreams the other night and since then, I can't get him out of my mind. He was cuter in my dream though(which I honestly didn't think was possible)

That's about it, I guess. Hope you all like the wonderful pic above, courtesy of Robertpattinson.org(check it out!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woahwait.
You had a dream that I got married to Lunch Chris?!?!! You /do/ realize that I'm totally over him, right?
Whatever. Even if you have freaky dreams that go against my Cat Lady Plan, I'll still be your bestie. <3

Anonymous said...

wow...i had a strange dream involving some girl beating up the JoBros...

Alanna said...

yes, I'll call you tomorrow with the details

That's no weird at all, Synfan!*sarcasm*

Shela said...

Due wait, no way! I bought The Host last week too! I'm such a slow reader and I haven't really gotten to it yet, but is it really good??

Alanna said...

Really?
It's incredible. Probably better than Twilight(which I didn't think was possible)

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, that's not weird at all, Alanna

Danielle said...

Definitely better than Twilight in my opinion!!

So Catholic said...

Must be something in the water, my dreams have gotten pretty funky lately to, but I forgot to take some medication again which generaly screws with my mind at night so it could just be that.

James

Bastian said...

Yes, the Host is a great novel that confirms Stephanie's talent was not just limited to Twilight. Loved that and Harry Potter too. You're not alone kiddo.

Best wishes