Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Resolutions


Ok, I have quite a few resolutions because I'm determined to make '09 great, unlike '08. Starting a new year is like starting on a blank page. The semester ends soon, which means all new classes. It's time to reinvent myself.

1. Lose a decent amount of weight(something I keep telling myself I'll do) Unfortunately, I'm a big procrastinator, and I'm smitten with dessert...

2. Help bring the old Synfan back(if that isn't possible, at least bring her out of her house-that is, if we're still friends-she's been kinda mean lately, guess she has her reasons, though-hopefully it'll pass)

3. Hopefully finish Grin and Bear It with Nikki and SunnyD

4. Stay bffs with SunnyD and Nikki, and hopefully my other peeps, too.

5. Continue blogging-I haven't quit yet and I don't intend to!

6. Try to see more movies-I just don't see enough movies and so people get mad.

7. Read more books! I have this problem-I'm not crazy about reading new books all the time, most of the time I'm too lazy to go to the library and so I read books I own that I've already read 3 or 4 times.

8. Re-read the Twilight series(for the first time-shocker, right?)

9. Rekindle my love for U2-hopefully with help from their new album.

10. Find at least 30 new bands I like(shouldn't be hard)

11. Try as much as I can(only good things though, not crack or smoking)

12. Get back into playing music as much as I used to.

13. Successfully learn the ukulele(I'm close!)

14. Hang more pictures in my room(I know, I have weird resolutions, but that's just me)

15. Try to see Rebecca, Hollie, and all of my old peeps.

16. Spend more time with Maggie and Laura.

17. Hopefully find a boyfriend? Maybe? Too much to ask? Probably.

18. Try to be nicer.

19. Try to help Francois become a bit less abnormal, help him fit in a bit more(why am I bothering, honestly? Why must my concious torture me like this? What good has he done for me?)

20. Stay in touch with as many people as I can.

21. Stay off of Facebook, Myspace, and all that is evil.

22. Be happy!


Yeah, that was a long list. It was partially my resolutions, but also serves as a bucket list, too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur such a meaniehead

jk

im sorry if ive been mean, but u dont exactly have to start insulting me in the process, u know. and i REFUSE to leave this house AT THE MOMENT. seriously, right now, i just want my space...and i want some time to myself.

i love Calvin and Hobbes

Danielle said...

That's not healthy. What if you develop agoraphobia?

Shela said...

Happy belated new years Alanna!
Love the C&H comic :)

xx_SynfanA7X_xx said...

no, i have Danniellephobia >:P

lol, jk!!!!!!

actually, i have arachnaphobia...the reason y i refuse to go outside is because of all the creepy spiders.

Alanna said...

Lol, yeah, that's TOTALLY the reason you won't go outside, because they're are spiders FLOODING the ground.
Nice excuse! :P

Anonymous said...

thank u for understanding, Alanna

lol

Danielle said...

Haha, I would be the best phobia EVER!! : P

Koneko said...

I've got a quick story for all you philosophical people. It's really sad how I discovered it. See, we're forced to read it in English class, and I actually found that I like it. I feel tainted...

Anyway, it's 'No Exit' by Jean-Paul Sartre, and is really short. it's like 45 pages, so you can read it quickly, and feel like proud for reading an entire book. I know I do.

Oh, and Alanna, thank you so much for making me aware of 'The Goddess Of All Shoes'. My dad got it for me for my Birthday, and it should be arriving at my door any day now. I'm so excited!!!

Oh, and seriously, word of advise: If you don't like spiders, stay far, FAR away from the 'The Covenant' film. That one scene: Nightmare deluxe.

Koneko said...

Hehe, Kim Basinger had agoraphobia.

As far as I've understood you develop it, then stay home. Not the other way around, so no worries. I actually started to develop it, but got help.