Saturday, December 5, 2009

Movie Review/New Obsession: Edward Scissorhands


I had good feelings about this movie from the very beginning. As soon as I saw it in the last-minute-as-your-checking-out-impulse-buy section of Target for $5, I threw it in the cart and bought it. Anything by Tim Burton is good, right? Wrong. Anything by Tim Burton is incredible.

This movie has everything-humor, romance, violence and action, and everything in between. Johnny Depp portrays the most loveable character I have ever experienced. He is extremely charming, vulnerable, and so flawed that it's impossible not to love him. I must have said "awww!" out loud at least every 5 minutes.
There wasn't a single thing I didn't absolutely love about this movie and I'm dying to watch it again, even though it's only been about a week since I watched it last. I am a huge fan now.
I wouldn't just recommend this one. I'd tie you to a chair, tape your eyelids open, or let you borrow the DVD if it meant you watch it.

Go out. Now. And get it. Watch it. Love it.

P.S. Edward Scissorhands kicks Edward Cullen's butt. And I personally find him more attractive.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How can you not love this movie? An instant classic.

I really enjoy reading your reviews. Myself and some friends have started a release blog that I would love to have you contribute to. We write articles/reviews on the latest movies, games, music, etc. and you would be a great fit. We can offer you a great community and dedicated audience. Check it out at GetTheNew.com, and if you're interested email me.

Cheers, and keep up the great work here,
Griff
Admin@GetTheNew.com

Alanna said...

You completely made my week!

I'm so flattered and I'd LOVE to join!

Shela said...

Congrats, Alanna!

Alanna said...

Thank you :)