Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Twi-heartedness, Soundtracks, Haters, and the Strange Pet Peeves of SunnyD


Hello my darling readers!

Is that video not just amazing?
I just got finished listening to the Twilight audiobook(you can find it on Youtube for free). Can you believe this was only the second time I had read Twilight? I'd forgotten how different it was from the movie. I have renewed my love for Twilight and I am not ashamed. I even found myself saying some of the lines along with the person reading it. Dorky, I know, but satisfying still. Just to make the experience even more fun, I matched the soundtrack to the reading and had it going quitely in the background. I wish I had thought of it when I first started listening to the book, but it didn't occur to me until the baseball scene. So I played "Supermassive Black Hole" three times to make it stretch out throughout the entire baseball scene. I was excited for playing "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" at the dance scene, but I had forgotten that the dance scene in the movie was much differenter(yeah, I did say differenter) from the book version and frankly, I liked the movie version better. Anyway, enough of this uber nerdiness. I want to discuss the haters.

Haters are taking over the world. I hate it. I want to talk specifically about Twilight haters. It seems like everyone's turned into one. WHERE ARE MY TWILIGHT FANS?! It's like they've all went into hibernation or fallen off the face of the earth. Maybe all of the extremist haters locked them all up. THEY WON'T FIND ME! I WON'T LET THEM!!AHHHHH!!!! Sorry, spaz moment. But yeah, I can't stand it when people summarize the story. It always ends up sounding stupid and people base all of their judgements on those stupid little summaries. Grr. I don't really care about guy haters. They mock the fact that Edward sparkles, they call him gay, you know, the whole shebang. Not one of them will admit that they're just jealous. And I understand that I sound stupid saying this, but it's so true! Ever notice how guys tend to hate guys that girls like? How often do you hear a guy say Robert Pattinson is a great actor or that Justin Beiber is a good artist? Gay guys, maybe. Straight, no. Usually they say men that women like are "gay", as in, they like women and women like them, so they must be homosexuals. Yes, that made no sense. Which is my point exactly.

I dont' know why I bothered writing all that...I don't know why you bothered reading it...I think I just wasted both of our times(?) at the same time....that was an awkwardly phrased sentence.

SunnyD is an interesting creature. She feeds on mint chocolate chip ice cream, supreme pizza, and frappachinos. She likes reading, hanging out with her friends, and watching sappy movies. Typical, no? That's how she appears. But she might be one of the weirdest people I've ever met. She despises when people clap at the end of a good movie. I was disappointed that no one clapped at the end of The Princess and the Frog because I love the look she gets :P She also likes to get angry with characters in movies. For instance, yesterday, she yelled at the screen because the firefly was dying and no one was helping it. And I know she hates me right now for this, but I'm okay with that. Now, here's the newest one: We went shopping downtown today and she made it very clear that she hates it when the shopkeepers wish us a "Merry Christmas!" on our way out of the stores. She's Jewish. But not very. And for some reason, she has nothing better to do than complain because someone wished her a merry christmas! It's a nice sentiment. It's not meant to be an insult to her religion. It's the thought that counts, right? I think SunnyD and Nikki have traded places. Nikki used to be the one who found things to complain about like it was her hobby, but now SunnyD seems to be the one who's constantly irked at the world. Le sigh.
So, do you guys think it's offensive when people wish you a merry Christmas instead of happy holidays?

Anyway, I'm sorry I just felt like I needed to write some stuff down. Thanks for bearing with me and my craziness.

Love you guys!
Alanna ^_^

P.S. I love all of those wonderful photoshopped Twilight pics. Don't you?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE TWILIGHT! I"M STILL HERE! DON"T WORRY! THERE ARE STILL OTHER TWIHEARTS!