Sunday, December 20, 2009

Short Film Review: "Dennis"

I was bored last night and felt like watching one of the Youtube Screening Room's short films. The one I chose was "Dennis", a movie that, once I was done watching, I was shocked that I actually enjoyed. I'm going to use the summary from the video's description:

"When Dennis, an introvert bodybuilder, invites a local girl out on a date his mother is hurt and disappointed. Despite the pressure she puts on him to cancel the date, Dennis ventures into a night that he will never forget."

Honestly, this movie should have been extremely boring-it had very little dialogue, the storyline was about as exciting as watching paint dry, but the acting by the man who played Dennis is what I think made the movie. He said so much with his eyes and his timid and shy persona was extremely adorable. He reminded me of Edward Scissorhands, which I know sounds weird because Edward looks nothing like a bodybuilder, but it was the quiet, troubled personality that I'm so attracted to, that kept me going,"Awww", throughout the whole movie.

I don't know if anyone is actually going to watch this, but I'm going to post it anyway. It's really a work of art; it's very deep and has a lot of emotion to it. I'd recommend it, but it's not for everyone. If you need something exciting to watch, this isn't it. But if you want to ogle at a bodybuilder and watch him act like a shy 5 year-old boy, this is it.

I'm so good at selling these movies I write about, aren't I? Haha, NOT.


2 comments:

XANABIOTICX said...

it's slow paced, i admit. but interesting all the same! man, i can't believe i bought your catchy review! :P

Alanna said...

It's hard to describe without making it seem excruciatingly boring. When I tried to describe the plot to my friend, she seemed like she might commit me.

Wow, I can't believe you did either! You must be crazy :P