Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back to School, Tissue Paper Pom-Poms, the Damaging Effects of Humidity, and a Small Review of the Worst Movie EVER MADE


It's been a while since I've made a relatively interesting post, so I'm gonna give it a go!

The picture at the top doesn't relate to most of the post, but it's just funny!

School started up on Tuesday *cue the groan and eye roll* I don't really like any of my classes very much, with the exception of Spanish. My teachers are nothing special. There's no one I'm excited about. However, I have one teacher I'm not sure how I feel about. And I totally don't mean that kind of,Do I think his butt is cute or not? No. It's like the do I think he's actually a good teacher and someone I could even get along with? The first few days I thought he was really obnoxious. His type of humor is the one which involves embarrassing people. Luckily, he didn't do anything to me(that's what I get for being quiet and blending in with the wall). I was afraid because he seemed like the kind of person who was constantly joking(and thinks they're the funniest person alive) and could never be serious, but it died down after a couple more days. I think he's straight, but I've heard his gay voice way too much.
Anyway, I really like my Spanish class. I think it's because I'm so used to almost everything I do in all my other classes is, for the most part, review of everything I already know. "Applying your skills" as they like to call it. However, with Spanish, everything I'm learning is brand spankin new.

I was bored and was feeling quite crafty after making an origami bouquet of flowers for my grandma's birthday(I'll post pics later) and so I decided to go to Martha Stewart's website for some inspiration. Usually, I don't try out any of her crafts(or recipes) because they're much too labor intensive. I want my crafts to be fun and relaxing, not frustrating, time consuming, and money-eating. However, I found directions for these really cool tissue paper pom-poms that hang from the ceiling. I've seen them before and thought they'd be really hard to make, but I checked out the directions, and they look really easy! They also look really cool. I'm definitely going to try it out like, ASAP and I will get back to you with the results. Here's the link-check it out:
http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/tissue-paper-pom-poms-how-to?&pgType=intro&rsc=howTo_tab_intro#menu_container

I'm so sick of the stupid humidity! I saw Shela's post and decided to go off on a mini rant about my hatred for humidity. It makes my makeup melt of my face before the day's even halfway over! Even when I don't wear much-just eyeliner and mascara-I have little black puddles in the creases under my eyes! And don't get me started on my hair. It can look perfect and straight and then the second I step out the door, it's a big ball of wavy frizz. How on earth am I supposed to look good? GRRR.

Last and least, I watched "The Clique", the movie based on the book series by Lisi Harrison. I liked the book series, although it really wasn't the greatest. I was excited a few years ago when I heard they'd be making a movie. Then I found out it was a straight-to-DVD movie. Killjoy. So I came across it on the Lifetime Movie Channel and decided, what the hell, how about I watch it. It was TERRIBLE. But I couldn't look away. It was so uneventful that I wasn't even sure when it ended. It was the worst movie I've ever seen, I think. NEVER watch it-even out of curiousity. EVER.

TTYL, darlings!
//*Alanna*\\

0 comments: