Friday, August 21, 2009

TV Review: Ruby & the Rockits


Trying out a new review format-I've hated how every single one of my reviews sounds/looks.

Summary: Ruby has been living with her grandparents her whole life. When they become too old to take care of her, she hunts down her father, David, half of the 80's rock duo, The Rockits. David, however, lives a rockstar life and is not ready to take care of his daughter. His brother Patrick, the other half of The Rockits, has his own family and takes Ruby in.
My rating: 7/10
Why: I went in expecting this would be another crappy abc family show, but I was pleasantly surprised! The main reason I decided to try it out was because Alexa Vega stars in it. She was in Spy Kids ages ago and was one of my favorite childhood actors.
I watched the first episode and was hooked. After the first one, I watched every single one(there are only five). Now I'm excited for the next episode(it airs Tuesday).
I'd compare this show to The Bill Engvall Show. It's funny, lighthearded, and it has the same playful family humor.
I would definitely recommend watching at least one episode. Hope you all like it as much as I do!

2 comments:

Shela said...

Alexa Vega? Nice! I missed seeing her after Spy KIds. I would have thought that she moved on to sing since she has a decent voice. Glad she's still in the biz. Is this a family comedy show?

Alanna said...

She sings a lot on the show. Some of the songs are really good!

Yeah, it's like Everybody Loves Raymond-sometimes there's some dirty humor, but it's mostly a family show.