Saturday, August 8, 2009

This movie was nothing like I expected. Well, parts of it were-but as a whole, this was not what I was expecting. I was thinking it would be one of those nothing-but-funny movies like "Knocked Up" and "Napoleon Dynamite", but it was actually really sad!

Here's IMDB's summary:Henry Roth lives in a Hawaiian paradise with the company of endless women with no strings attached. This is until he meets Lucy Whitmore. Both Henry and Lucy enjoy the company of each other and feels the start of a serious relationship occurring. Approaching Lucy the next day, Henry is confused when Lucy fails to recognise him. This is the moment Henry discovers that Lucy actually suffers from short term memory loss and can't remember each individual day. Henry won't let this stop him and is prepared to make her fall in love with him all over again, each and every day.

While 50% of the movie was hilarious, the other half was just plain sad. Genuinely sad-not the kind of,"This movie sucks so bad, it's sad." And kind of exhausting. You watch as Henry strives to make Lucy fall for him every single day. You watch her break down in tears as she realizes all the things that have happened to her that she cannot remember. It's sweet, but depressing.

I think I need pros and cons list:

Pros

  • There were a lot of really funny parts
  • It was sweet in a heartwrenching-type of way
  • Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler had great chemistry
  • Adam Sandler was pretty adorable
  • Happy ending :)
Cons
  • Sad
  • Kind of frustrating
  • Exhausting
I would recommend it to those who love a good heartwrenching story. I however, don't like sad stories. But I'm just weird.

My final verdict-it was a good movie. I don't regret watching it. It's not my type, though.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Lol, for once I completely agree with you on a movie review. This is monumental, we should remember this day : P

Alanna said...

Lol!

We agreed on Newsies!

Danielle said...

Good point, I guess we agree on more than I thought. . .