Sunday, August 2, 2009

Movie Review: Bewitched


I came across this movie last night while babysitting. I had a few hours while the kids were asleep, so I watched the whole thing(of course, their parents came home 10 minutes before it ended, so I rushed home-they're across the street from my house-and recorded the rest).
Here's a brief plot summary: Isabel Bigelow(Nicole Kidman) is a witch(the friendly kind!) who's trying her hardest to give up magic and become a normal person(her father does the exact opposite). Jack Wyatt(Will Ferrell),a D-list actor, is trying to build up a better reputation for himself after much failure in the box office. He decides to do a remake of the 1964 TV show,"Bewitched", and cast a nobody as Samantha(the main character) so that no one can steal his spotlight. He meets Isabel on the street and offers her the part. Unaware of his plans, she agrees.
As the story goes on, they begin to fall in and out of love as Isabel tries to change him. You have to watch to find out what happens ;)

I found this movie to be absolutely charming(no pun intended). Nicole Kidman was adorable, Will Ferrel was self-absorbed and hilarious, and the supporting actors were great, too.
This is a feel-good movie that left me flouncing around the house at midnight, high off of happiness and wishing I could cast spells(I sound a bit insane, don't I?)

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking for something to lift their spirits and make them laugh!

I guess if I had to say something bad about this movie, I'd say it was a bit predictible. However, most movies/books are and this movie is still very enjoyable! A must watch!!

1 comments:

BellBookCandleSupply said...

Witchcraft practice maybe misinterpreted in a negative way but what others don't know is that it values respect in all complex diversity.
____________________
Tools & Gifts For Your Spiritual Practice