Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Beach Playlist


I got back from my week-and-a-half trip to the beach on Wednesday and I thought I'd share my beach playlist while I still feel beach-y.

1. Ben Harper and the Innocent Crimials-"Steal My Kisses" This song never fails to make me feel good. Ben Harper has a soothing, smooth voice. This song is a great upbeat song to listen to on the beach!

2. The Black Ghosts-"Full Moon" It's probably best known for the being on the Twilight soundtrack. This song is just awesome. Another feel-good song!

3. Bob Marley and the Wailers-"Is This Love" Anything Bob Marley is perfect for most situations, especially the beach. Need I explain?

4. Chris Brown-"Dreamer" I'm not a huge Chris Brown fan, but I love this song. It came out during the Olympics. Good song to work out to, also.

5. Coldplay-"Strawberry Swing" Oh my god, this is totally my summer anthem! It reminds me of my childhood for some reason.

6. The Cure-"Just Like Heaven" Okay, this is just one of the best songs ever made. If you haven't heard it, you are very unfortunate and I will save you the time and embarrassment and give you the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5StFADI9NM Just listen and enjoy. DO IT! Oh, and don't watch the video. The lead singer is hideous and he might ruin it for you.

7. Foo Fighters-"Learn To Fly" You've probably heard this before. It's the best Foo Fighters song, in my opinion. No words to describe how happy this song makes me feel.

8. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole(Commonly Known as Bruddah Iz)-"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" This is the super famous cover that you hear in the romance movies and on TV. It's like magic. You'd think it's magic would wear off after a while, but every time I listen to this song, I feel it. It's touching.

9. Bruddah Iz-"Ka Huila Wai" This song is sung completely in Hawaiin(?) and it's just fun! Definitely the soundtrack to my beach vacation and my favorite pick for beach listening!

10. Jack Johnson-"If I Had Eyes" This one's kind of obvious because Jack Johnson is stereotypical beach music(but not in a bad way!)

11. Jason Mraz-"I'm Your's" Another predictible one we've all heard, but a good one.

12. Switchfoot-"Awakening" Switchfoot is another beach-perfect band. They're meant for sunny days :)

13. U2-"Mysterious Ways" You knew I'd have to add in some U2, right? This is one of my favorites. Enjoy ;)

Hope you enjoyed this playlist!

0 comments: