Saturday, March 14, 2009

The End


I was thinking about what I was going to blog last night when I realized that everything worth blogging about that's happened to me has to with something ending. I'll explain.

I guess the first thing that ended this week was my reading of Pride and Prejudice. I didn't realize exactly how long it was. It's got 3 volumes with about 20 chapters each that vary from 15-30 pages each. It's kind of ridiculous. It wouldn't be so bad if the story had a faster pace. It's a good book, but it gets slow and boring fast. Anyway, sorry to disappoint anyone that was waiting for my review of it. I'll say this-if you have enough patience, you should read it. I'll probably watch the movie sometime soon so I can figure out what happens(though most of it is probably pretty predictable once you start reading the book).

The second thing that ended was me and Synfan's friendship. Yes, it's true. We've never been super close and we're total opposites, so I've seen this coming for a long time. I hope she's not reading this because
a.That's kind of pathetic to be reading your ex-friend's blog
b.I'm about to diss her a bit

The fight originally started with something stupid(as most fights start) and then it turned into another one of those all-revealling, super-deep fights in which you vent everything you hate about the person you're fighting with. So yeah, it didn't end well. Oh well. Not a big loss on my part-or her's, I think-because I don't really want to waste my time with a "friend"(?) that doesn't care about me or is constantly trying to crush my spirits. It's sad-ish, but it's time to move on and forget about all the crap she's given me.

The third thing that ended was my great uncle's life. He was one of my favorite relatives and he'd been having so many problems with his health since around the time last summer. Anyway, he'd gotten increasingly worse this week and we all saw it coming, though I hate to admit that. Death is never really something you can prepare yourself for, no matter how much warning you get.
I'm happy for him, though. He doesn't have to suffer anymore. He's finally at peace. We all miss him though. R.I.P.
He died on Friday the 13th. Turns out the day is unlucky.
It's been less that 7 months and already, three of my realtives have died. Luckily, they all had good, long lives. That's one thing I'm grateful for. Everyone I've ever known that died has been old and has lived a long life. Never has a death of any of my relatives been spontaneous, which is good, in my opinon. I think it would be harder if you weren't expecting it.

Anyway, on a happier note, it's Saturday. Chill out and relax.

10 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm sorry about your great uncle. RIP.

Alanna said...

Thanks.
Alex said his grandma, brother, and friends died. I feel bad for him. It's gotta suck even more if your brother died(I didn't ask him about it, tho I kinds wanted to)

Anonymous said...

*hugs*
Yeah. I don't really know what else to do other than hug you a lot. Virtually. Because I haven't seen you since it happened.
Anyways. We're here for you, okay?
Still, you need as many hugs as you can get. *hughughug*

So Catholic said...

I see her all the time, but she does not generally accept MY hugs...

James

Alanna said...

Thanks, Nikki!

Well, so-rry, but you happen to still creep me out, Francois.

So Catholic said...

Am I at least slightly less creepy?

So Catholic

PS that whole plushie smothering thing at lunch today probably did not help...

Alanna said...

you've become increasingly creepy lately. not sure exactly what it is. maybe it's WAITING FOR ME IN FRONT OF DOORS?! And no, the plushie thing didn't help. Neither did the cat ears......................

So Catholic said...

But I don't have anything to do in the morning, that particular day I had already...

Gotten donuts and chocolate milk
Scared Shannon by Accident
Scared Kellie on purpose
Hugged Chi (the Plush toy)
Said hello to Naomi
Said Hello to Genna and Jacob
Asked Genna about the Anime Club
Talked to Sharyar and Chris about Anime
Talked to Chris about a book he loaned me
And checked out two more volumes of Ranma 1/2

I can not help it if I run out of things to do, I try not to.

James

So Catholic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
So Catholic said...

Stupidly cute picture did not post :(